Publisher in Dynamics 365
In this blog, we will learn how we can use solution ‘publisher’ in Dynamics CRM/365.
Every solution in Dynamics CRM/365 needs a publisher. The prefix of default publisher which comes with CRM environment is ‘new’. This publisher can be used in Default solution of Dynamics CRM. User need to create a new publisher with new prefix in-order to set the new prefix to the new components.
Let’s see how we can create a new publisher and use it across CRM components.
To create a new publisher:
- Navigate to Settings >> Customizations >> Publisher >> New
- Add ‘Display Name’ and relevant prefix. (Name Preview will automatically modify with the new prefix)
- Save and Close the publisher form.
Note: Number in ‘Option Value Prefix’ will automatically generate based on the selected prefix. This number is used when you add options to option sets and provide an indicator of which solution was used to add the option.
Create a new solution once the publisher is created.
To select a solution:
- Navigate to Settings >> Solutions >> New
- Add ‘Display Name’, ‘Publisher’ and ‘Version’ (Use the publisher created in above steps.)
- Save the solution form.
Now instead of default solution, start creating the components in this solution. The prefix of components created under this solution will be ‘test’.
Hope this blog helps you to understand the CRM ‘Publisher’!!!